Friday 24 July 2015

‘Hail Hitler’- The New Terrorism of Meteorology

 
24/07/2015

Hail Hitler’- The New Terrorism of Meteorology

“Fuck This”. I don’t want to get on a hot metal rocket full of racists and their ugly children every morning. A windowless cage of metal and plastic, humming below West London, packed to the glass with wide wingspans and high BMI indexes. If it wasn’t bad enough, I’m wearing flip-flops.

“My fucking foot, you massive prick, get off my fucking foot”, I scream silently. I wore them because it was supposed to be hot, boiling, scorching, “A belly roaster”. At this point all I can think about is the forecast, a logical extension of humanities desire to plan accordingly. I’m not asking for a pre-cognitive weatherman (woman are unfit to report the weather due to their emotional attachment to children, cleaning and joining Isis[i]), I just want some opinion pieces, a personal touch;

“It’s going to be pretty warm on Friday, you might want to give your wife a spray with the hose come the evening”

“Don’t lock your toddlers or the elderly in boot on Thursday, it’s going to get too hot for them to survive”

“Tell John from accounts he isn’t getting that tenner back, you’re going to need that money to get shitfaced; You’re snowed in”

“Having a wedding? You’re fucked”

Information like that is paramount. Imagine every day, instead of some slick-headed little spit-fuck playing out a Greek Tragedy in emojis, some actual advice.

The Weatherman for me now represents a new branch of fundamentalist terrorism, as he sits in his gilded cave in front of a green sheet, spouting vitriolic, offensive, red-hot propaganda. Imagine everyone had turned up to work on September 11th in flip flops. Now that would have been a fucking disaster.

Sam Barron







[i] Women, What They CAN Do: A Study of Female Limitation. Samuel Barron 2015